Introduction to Solids Questions and Answers in PDF
- Give the free electron model of solids and explain its limitations.
- Calculate the density of states in the energy range E and E+dE using the free electron model.
- Explain the band theory of solids. Or Differentiate insulator, conductor, and semiconductors based on band theory of solids.
- Define semiconductor. Distinguish between intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors.
- What is the Fermi energy level? Or Explain the effect of temperature on the Fermi Dirac distribution function.
- What is a P-N junction diode? Explain the characteristics of the P-N junction diode under reverse and forward bias.
- What is Zener diode? Draw the equivalent circuit of an ideal and actual Zener diode. What are its uses?
- What is the Kronig-Penny model of solids and show that it leads to the energy band structure of solids? Or Discuss the salient features of the Kronig-Penny model. Or Find the effective mass of electrons based on the Kronig-Penny Model.
- What is the Hall effect? Give an elementary theory of the Hall effect. Or What are the potential applications of the Hall effect?
DownloadUnit 3 - Introduction to Solids Questions and Answers