Q6: A hexagonal prism of base side 25 mm and axis 55 mm long is resting on H.P. on one of its rectangular faces, with its axis perpendicular to V.P. It is cut by a plane inclined at 400 to V.P. and perpendicular to H.P. and is bisecting the axis of the prism. Draw its top view, sectional front view, and true shape of the section.
Steps of construction :
- The front view is drawn first, as the hexagonal prism is resting on one of its rectangular faces in H.P. Front view: Hexagon of side 25 mm.
- The top view is drawn by projecting all the points from the front view; vertically downwards. Top view: Hexagonal prism of base length equal to ‘hk’ and axis 55 mm long.
- A section plane S1 S2 is drawn inclined at 400 to the V.P., bisecting the axis into two halves in the top view.
- The sectional front view is drawn by projecting all the points from a sectional top view.
- The true shape is drawn with the help of auxiliary plane AA‘ and by projecting all the points from a sectional top view.
Leave a Reply