Rules of the mind
• What you expect, you realize.
• Imagination is more powerful than knowledge.
• Every thought or emotion has a psychosomatic reaction.
• An idea programmed into the subconscious will remain there until replaced by another idea.
• Each suggestion you accept allows easier acceptance of future suggestions.
• Your body will produce what your mind believes.
• You move in the direction of your most dominant thought.
The Principles of Convincing the Subconscious Mind
• Ideas presented by authority figures
• Intense emotion
An exercise for Self Hypnosis for improving Self-confidence
Sit down, close your eyes, and remember a time when you felt really confident.
Picture in your mind what you saw, hear what you heard, and feel what you felt. Now enhance those images. Make the pictures brighter and bolder, the colors richer, the wounds louder and the feelings stronger.
When you can feel a burst of that confidence strongly, carry out a specific action like squeezing your thumb and your middle finger together. That will link in your mind the feeling of confidence with the finger squeeze.
Go through that routine ten times in a row to reinforce that link between your fingers and the feeling of confidence. Eventually, it will mean that you will only have to squeeze your fingers together and you will begin to easily remember that confidence.
Now think about the event you want to be confident for, imagine the event going smoothly and perfectly while all the time squeezing your thumb and finger together re-triggering that confident feeling.
• You will notice a difference in your confidence this time. Every time you do this, you send a powerful message to your unconscious mind that you want to be more confident in the future. Some people used this to wipe out a life of fear of public speaking with this one simple exercise.