1 >>The Yarlung Zangbo river, in India, is known as ?
- (A) Ganga
- (B) Indus
- (C) Brahmaputra
- (D) Mahanadi
2 >>The Salal Project is on the river ?
- (A) Chenab
- (B) Jhelum
- (C) Ravi
- (D) Sutlej
3 >>The only zone in the country that produces gold is also rich in iron is ?
- (A) North-eastern zone
- (B) North-western zone
- (C) Southern zone
- (D) None of the above
4 >>The percentage of earth surface covered by India is ?
- (A) 2.4
- (B) 3.4
- (C) 4.4
- (D) 5.4
5 >>Which among the following is/are the major factor/factors responsible for the monsoon type of climate in India? Location Thermal contrast Upper air circulation Inter-tropical convergence zone ?
- (A) I
- (B) II, III
- (C) II, III and IV
- (D) I, II, III and IV
6 >>The present forest area of India, according to satellite data, is ?
- (A) increasing
- (B) decreasing
- (C) static
- (D) decreasing in open forest area but increasing in closed forest area
7 >>The India’s highest annual rainfall is reported at ?
- (A) Namchi, Sikkim
- (B) Churu, Rajasthan
- (C) Mawsynram, Meghalaya
- (D) Chamba, Himachal Pradesh
8 >>The refineries are Mathura, Digboi and Panipat are set up by ?
- (A) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- (B) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- (C) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- (D) Crude Distillation unit of Madras Refineries Ltd.
9 >>What is the predominant type of Indian agriculture? ?
- (A) Commercial agriculture
- (B) Extensive agriculture
- (C) plantation agriculture
- (D) subsistence agriculture
10 >>The Radcliffe line is a boundary between ?
- (A) India and Pakistan
- (B) India and China
- (C) India and Myanmar
- (D) India and Afghanistan
11 >>Which of the following has a potential for harnessing of tidal energy in India? ?
- (A) Gulf of Cambay
- (B) Gulf of Mannar
- (C) Backwaters of Kerala
- (D) Chilka lake
12 >>The typical area of sal forest in the Indian peninsular upland occurs ?
- (A) on the western ghats
- (B) between the Tapti and the Narmada
- (C) to the north-east of the Godavari
- (D) on the Malwa plateau
13 >>The state having a largest area of forest cover in India is ?
- (A) Arunachal Pradesh
- (B) Haryana
- (C) Madhya Pradesh
- (D) Assam
14 >>The year ____ is called a Great Divide in the demographic history of India. ?
- (A) 1901
- (B) 1921
- (C) 1941
- (D) 1951
15 >>The only private sector refinery set up by Reliance Petroleum Ltd. is located at ?
- (A) Guwahati
- (B) Jamnagar
- (C) Mumbai
- (D) Chennai
16 >>The only state in India that produces saffron is ?
- (A) Assam
- (B) Himachal Pradesh
- (C) Jammu and Kashmir
- (D) Meghalaya
17 >>Three important rivers of the Indian subcontinent have their sources near the Mansarover Lake in the Great Himalayas. These rivers are ?
- (A) Indus, Jhelum and Sutlej
- (B) Brahmaputra, Sutlej and Yamuna
- (C) Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej
- (D) Jhelum, Sutlej and Yamuna
18 >>The zonal soil type of peninsular India belongs to ?
- (A) red soils
- (B) yellow soils
- (C) black soils
- (D) older alluvium
19 >>The most plausible explanation for the location of the Thar desert in western India is ?
- (A) the obstruction caused by the Aravalis to the rain-bearing wind that proceeds to the Ganga Valley
- (B) the evaporation of moisture by heat
- (C) the absence of mountains to the north of Rajasthan to cause orographic rainfall in it
- (D) that the moisture carried by the South-west monsoon is driven away by the dry upper air current
20 >>The northern boundary of the peninsular plateau of Indian runs parallel to the Ganga and the Yamuna from Rajmahal hills to a point near ?
- (A) Allahabad
- (B) Delhi
- (C) Gwalior
- (D) Jaipur