1 >>Membrane rigidity and fragility can be measured by: ?
- (A) Osmocytometer
- (B) Spherocytometer
- (C) Ektacytometer
- (D) Viscometer
2 >>Southest Asian ovalocytosis is due to defect in: ?
- (A) Band 3
- (B) Ankyrin
- (C) Protein 4.2
- (D) Protein 4.1
3 >>Target cells are formed due to: ?
- (A) Increase in surface area due to lipid gain
- (B) Decrease in surface area due to lipid loss
- (C) Weakening of skeletal protein
- (D) All of the above
4 >>In hereditary spherocytosis there is loss of connections between the membrane skeletal proteins. Which type of connections are lost? ?
- (A) Horizontal
- (B) Vertical
- (C) Both
- (D) Variable connections
5 >>Which of the following occurs in post splenectomy? ?
- (A) Neutropenia
- (B) Thrombocytopenia
- (C) Toxic cells
- (D) Target cells
6 >>Target cells have: ?
- (A) Decreased osmotic fragility
- (B) Increased osmotic fragility
- (C) Normal osmotic fragility
- (D) None of the above
7 >>Pappenheimer bodies contain: ?
- (A) Iron
- (B) DNA
- (C) RNA
- (D) Ribosomal proteins
8 >>Howell-Jolly bodies contain: ?
- (A) Iron
- (B) DNA
- (C) RNA
- (D) Protein
9 >>Which statement is not true about RBC membrane? ?
- (A) Spectrin and ankryin combined defect is the most common finding in HS
- (B) Glycophorin is the most abundant integral protein followed by band-3
- (C) Lipid compose 30% of red cell membrane mass
- (D) Alteration in serum lipid concentration in influence the red cell membrane
10 >>Which of the following is not true about Inab phenotype? ?
- (A) Inherited deficiency of CD 55
- (B) Inherited deficiency of CD 59
- (C) Inherited deficiency of CD 55 and CD 59 both
- (D) Acquired deficiency of CD 55
11 >>Which is stored at 20-24°C? ?
- (A) Packed red blood cells
- (B) Platelets
- (C) Fresh frozen plasma
- (D) Cryoprecipitate
12 >>TA-GVHD differs from GVHD by the presence of: ?
- (A) Skin rash
- (B) Diarrhea
- (C) Jaundice
- (D) Pancytopenia
13 >>Which of the following is not true about post-transfusion purpura? ?
- (A) Usually develops 1 week after transfusion
- (B) Most patient’s have anti-HPA-1a antibodies
- (C) Treatment of choice is IVIg
- (D) Severe thrombocytopenia is rare
14 >>Use of filter can prevent all of the following, except: ?
- (A) CMV infection
- (B) HCV transmission
- (C) Febrile non-hemolytic transfusion reaction
- (D) Reduce the risk of alloimmunization
15 >>Cryoprecipitate contains all of the following, except: ?
- (A) VWF
- (B) Factor VIII
- (C) Fibrinogen
- (D) Factor IX
16 >>All of the following should be irradiated, except: ?
- (A) FFP
- (B) Granulocytes
- (C) RBCs
- (D) Platelets
17 >>Which statement is not true about DCT? ?
- (A) Detects agglutination of antibody coated red cells
- (B) It may detect complements attached to red cell surface
- (C) It is used for cross matching
- (D) It is positive in hemolytic disease of newborn because of Rh incompatibility
18 >>Which is not a mandatory test in screening of blood donation? ?
- (A) Hepatitis C antibody
- (B) Hepatitis B
- (C) Malaria
- (D) Typhoid
19 >>Which of the following situation will lead to intravascular hemolysis? ?
- (A) Group O RBC to Group A recipient
- (B) Group O RBC to Group AB recipient
- (C) Rh +ve RBC to Rh -ve recipient
- (D) Group A RBC to group O recipient
20 >>The duffy blood group system is functionally associated with: ?
- (A) Invasion by P. falciparum
- (B) Red cell urea transporter
- (C) Maintenance of membrane integrity
- (D) Invasion by P. vivax