1 >>Which of the following are qualities of a good recording? 1. Brevity 2. Completeness and chronology 3. Appropriateness 4. Accuracy ?
- (A) 1,2
- (B) 3,4
- (C) 1,2,3
- (D) 1,2,3,4
2 >>All of the following chart entries are correct except ?
- (A) V/S 36.8 C,80,16,120/80
- (B) Complained of chest pain
- (C) Seems agitated
- (D) Able to ambulate without assistance
3 >>Which of the following teaching method is effective in client who needs to be educated about self injection of insulin? ?
- (A) Detailed explanation
- (B) Demonstration
- (C) Use of pamphlets
- (D) Film showing
4 >>What is the most important characteristic of a nurse patient relationship? ?
- (A) It is growth facilitating
- (B) Based on mutual understanding
- (C) Fosters hope and confidence
- (D) Involves primarily emotional bond
5 >>Which of the following nursing intervention is needed before teaching a client post spleenectomy deep breathing and coughing exercises? ?
- (A) Tell the patient that deep breathing and coughing exercises is needed to promote good breathing, circulation and prevent complication
- (B) Tell the client that deep breathing and coughing exercises is needed to prevent Thrombophlebitis, hydrostatic pneumonia and atelectasis
- (C) Medicate client for pain
- (D) Tell client that cooperation is vital to improve recovery
6 >>The client has an allergy with penicillin. What is the best way to communicate this information? ?
- (A) Place an allergy alert in the Kardex
- (B) Notify the attending physician
- (C) Write it on the patient’s chart
- (D) Take note when giving medications
7 >>An adult client is on extreme pain. He is moaning and grimacing. What is the best way to assess the client’s pain? ?
- (A) Perform physical assessment
- (B) Have the client rate his pain on the smiley pain rating scale
- (C) Active listening on what the patient says
- (D) Observe the client’s behavior
8 >>Therapeutic communication begins with? ?
- (A) Knowing your client
- (B) Knowing yourself
- (C) Showing empathy
- (D) Encoding
9 >>The PCS gave new guidelines including leaflets to educate cancer patients. As a nurse, When using materials like this, what is your responsibility? ?
- (A) Read it for the patient
- (B) Give it for the patient to read himself
- (C) Let the family member read the material for the patient
- (D) Read it yourself then, Have the client read the material
10 >>The tsunami in Thailand and Indonesia took thousands of people and change million lives. The people affected by the Tsunami are saddened and do not know how to start all over again. What type of crisis is this? ?
- (A) Situational
- (B) Maturational
- (C) Social
- (D) Phenomenal
11 >>Which of the following is a sign or symptom of a hemolytic reaction to blood transfusion? ?
- (A) Hemoglobinuria
- (B) Chest pain
- (C) Urticaria
- (D) Distended neck veins
12 >>All of the following measures are recommended to prevent pressure ulcers except ?
- (A) Massaging the reddened are with lotion
- (B) Using a water or air mattress
- (C) Adhering to a schedule for positioning and turning
- (D) Providing meticulous skin care
13 >>Which of the following procedures always requires surgical asepsis? ?
- (A) Vaginal instillation of conjugated estrogen
- (B) Urinary catheterization
- (C) Nasogastric tube insertion
- (D) Colostomy irrigation
14 >>The mid-deltoid injection site is seldom used for I.M. injections because it: ?
- (A) Can accommodate only 1 ml or less of medication
- (B) Bruises too easily
- (C) Can be used only when the patient is lying down
- (D) Does not readily parenteral medication
15 >>Which of the following constitutes a break in sterile technique while preparing a sterile field for a dressing change? ?
- (A) Using sterile forceps, rather than sterile gloves, to handle a sterile item
- (B) Touching the outside wrapper of sterilized material without sterile gloves
- (C) Placing a sterile object on the edge of the sterile field
- (D) Pouring out a small amount of solution (15 to 30 ml) before pouring the solution into a sterile container
16 >>A patient who develops hives after receiving an antibiotic is exhibiting drug: ?
- (A) Tolerance
- (B) Idiosyncrasy
- (C) Synergism
- (D) Allergy
17 >>Which of the following types of medications can be administered via gastrostomy tube? ?
- (A) Any oral medications
- (B) Capsules whole contents are dissolve in water
- (C) Enteric-coated tablets that are thoroughly dissolved in water
- (D) Most tablets designed for oral use, except for extended-duration compounds
18 >>Which of the following conditions may require fluid restriction? ?
- (A) Fever
- (B) Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- (C) Renal Failure
- (D) Dehydration
19 >>The best way of determining whether a patient has learned to instill ear medication properly is for the nurse to: ?
- (A) Ask the patient if he/she has used ear drops before
- (B) Have the patient repeat the nurse’s instructions using her own words
- (C) Demonstrate the procedure to the patient and encourage to ask questions
- (D) Ask the patient to demonstrate the procedure
20 >>A patient has returned to his room after femoral arteriography. All of the following are appropriate nursing interventions except: ?
- (A) Assess femoral, popliteal, and pedal pulses every 15 minutes for 2 hours
- (B) Check the pressure dressing for sanguineous drainage
- (C) Assess a vital signs every 15 minutes for 2 hours
- (D) Order a hemoglobin and hematocrit count 1 hour after the arteriography