Unit 2 Questions Based on English Communication
This section contain some important questions based on English Communication and syllabus are as follows: Introduction, Meaning and Significance, Process of Communication, Oral and Written
Communication, 7 c’s of Communication, Barriers to Communication and Ways to overcome them,
Importance of Communication for Technical students.
QUE.1 Write the synonyms of the following words. MARKS 5
- Astonish b) Bliss c) pain d) humid e) spontaneous
- Cofound, overwhelm
- Happiness , joy
- Ache, discomfort
- Wet, moist
- Impromptu, unplanned
QUE.2 Write the antonyms of the following words. MARKS 5
- Fresh , b) coward , c) mean , d) often , e) pardon
QUE.3 Give the One word substitute of the following. MARKS 5
- Someone’s life history written by another person- Biography
- One who takes pleasure in torturing other – Sadist
- A child whose parents are dead- orphan
- A woman who never gets married – Spinster
- A series of three novels/works of art produced by a writer/artist – Trilogy
QUE .4 Use the following homonyms / homophones in the sentences to understand their clear meanings. 5 MARKS
- a) Write b). Bank c) Fair d) Birth f) Face
Right Bank Fare Berth Face
Please—————– our sincerely apologise.( choose appropriate homophones accept, except )
- A) Why don’t you write a novel?
We have right to speech in India.
- B) We have our account in a government bank.
Banaras city is situated on the bank of holy river the Ganga.
- C) She is having fair complexion.
Railways fare is increased once again.
- d) She gave birth to a cute baby girl.
There is no vacant berth available.
- Her face is seriously injured in an accident.
We must face our problems of life with confidence.
QUE.5 The words by using suffix and/or prefixes. MARKS
- I couldn’t find any ———— in his theory. (weakness)
(Put the word “weak” into the correct from using prefixes &/or suffixes)
- Make sentences by using prefixes &/or suffixes of the following words
Educate, Agree , perfect, Loud , Danger
- Education is key to success.
- They all disagree on the statement.
- We answered all the queries
- He always speaks so
- Smoking is dangerous to health.
Questions Based on English Communication
QUE.6 Correct the following sentences and rewrite. MARKS 5
- Myself is going to the college. (Correction – I am going to college)
- I met the real estate agent sold us our house. ( I met the real estate agent who sold us our house.
- I am writing letters all the morning. ( I have been writing letters all the morning)
- He cleverly turned to table on his opponent ( he cleverly turned the table o his opponent)
- He prevented him to smoke. ( he prevented him from smoking)